After Vietnam, Hal left the Navy to attend the Wharton School of Business where he received an MBA in finance and was named to the Director’s List for academic achievement in both years of the program. Upon graduating, Hal returned to New York where he worked as an investment banker, but left in the early 90’s to move to Palm Beach Gardens with his wife, Stephanie.Hal Valeche grew up in New York City and entered Yale University at the age of 16. After graduating at age 20 in 1969 with a degree in American Studies, Hal entered the United States Navy’s flight training program and graduated first in his class. Hal was assigned as a fighter pilot to the Naval Air Station at Miramar, California, and while on board the aircraft carrier USS Oriskany, he flew 85 combat missions in Vietnam and logged 230 carrier landings as a member of Fighter Squadron 191.
“You work hard for your money; I want government to work harder putting your tax dollars to good use.”
In 2002, Hal was elected to the Board of Supervisors of the Northern Palm Beach County Improvement District, serving as Vice-President in 2003-2004. Hal went on to win a seat on the Palm Beach Gardens City Council in 2004, and was re-elected the following year, advocating for lower taxes and limited government. In 2012 Hal was elected to the Palm Beach County Commission, District 1.
“Until we change the culture of government they will continue to spend your money growing government.”
Hal continues to work in Palm Beach Gardens as an entrepreneur and venture capitalist.
- Elected to Palm Beach Gardens City Council November 2004, re-elected March 2005
- Board of Directors – League of Cities, Palm Beach County, 2006-2008
- Northern Palm Beach County Improvement District, 2002-2004; Vice President 2003-2004
- Palm Beach County Consumer Affairs Hearing Board, Chairman, two years
- Government Concerns Committee, Northern Palm Beaches Chamber of Commerce, Co-Chairman
- Designated Outstanding Fundraiser by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Palm Beach County
- Board of Directors, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of PB County 2010-present
- Board of Directors, Enterprise Florida, 2009-present
- Governor’s Economic Development Transition Team 2010
- Palm Beach County Commission, District 1, 2012-present
- Navy Fighter Pilot – Flew 85 combat missions in Vietnam off the USS Oriskany, received six air medals, 230 arrested landings
- US Navy, NAS Miramar, California. Graduated first in class from Navy Flight Training. Squadron Department Head with responsibility for 200 men.
- Former Investment Banker in New York City – Merrill Lynch and Smith Barney
- Vice President, Corporate Development, of a publicly-held transportation company
- Small Businessman, President of a Financial Services Company
- The Wharton School, MBA in Finance 1983, University of Pennsylvania
- Yale University, BA American Studies, 1969